Coastal Neighbors warmly welcomes volunteers. Volunteers are crucial to supporting Coastal Neighbor’s mission of helping our Members remain in their homes and remain an active participant in our community. Volunteers provide opportunities for new friendships to develop between Members and Volunteers as they participate in social programs, share experiences and discover mutual interests.
Volunteers will assist Members in the following areas:
- Transportation - to doctors’ appointments, shop for groceries, run errands, or take a Member and pet to the Vet
- Friendly visits - to Members at home to provide companionship, which might include talking, reading, playing cards, sharing a hobby or special interest, or taking a walk together
- Social activities - including group outings to local cultural events, smaller gatherings or discussion groups, as well as transportation to evening events for Members who cannot drive at night
- Home Maintenance - when a Member needs help with specific light housekeeping tasks, such as replacing light bulbs, smoke alarm batteries, and perhaps simple repairs depending on the skills of the Volunteer
- Office and administration - assisting the Executive Director with administrative tasks of processing applications, fielding phone calls from Members requesting services as well as Volunteers' acceptance of these requests, and coordination of special events and projects as needed
All volunteers will fill out an online application form, provide two references, meet with the Executive Director and submit to a background check. If you are interested in providing transportation, we ask for additional information. We want to know what interests you have and where you would like to help. We hope that our volunteers will commit to helping on a weekly basis, but we understand the need for flexibility. We hold periodic trainings for Volunteers before they start so all Volunteers will be familiar with the policies and expectations of Coastal Neighbors Network. Feedback from Volunteers will be very helpful in continuing to shape our program as we grow.
Volunteers do not have to live in the towns of Dartmouth or Westport, they can reside in nearby towns.
Coastal Neighbors Network, P.O. Box 80073, Dartmouth, MA 02748
508.556.4004 - email@example.com