Benefits of Membership
The "Village movement" has been sweeping the nation due to the growing senior population. It addresses the fundamental desire of older adults to remain in their homes and neighborhoods as they age. Coastal Neighbors Network is a virtual village in Dartmouth and Westport Massachusetts assisting seniors to maintain connections to friends and community through the use of volunteer services. However, a ride is more than a ride and changing a light bulb does more than increase the light in the room. Of all the benefits Coastal Neighbors offers, the best may be the sense of wellbeing that comes with expanding connections, building new friendships, and knowing you are part of a community who cares.
Types of Membership
Coastal Neighbors Network offers three categories of membership.
- Sustaining Memberships
- Service Memberships
- Reduced Fee Memberships - available, based on need, for both single and household service memberships. Contact Andy Pollock, Executive Director.
- With a donation of $350 or more, an individual or household holds a one-year, Sustaining Membership that is tax deductible as far as allowed by the tax code.
- Sustaining members are entitled to attend all Coastal Neighbors social events and access to our list of proferred providers in the community
Service Memberships - Single & Household
- A one-year Single Service Membership is $660
- A one-year Household Service Membership - for two or more household members - is $900.
- Single and Household Service Members are entitled to all the services and benefits that Coastal Neighbors offers as well as all the social activities
- Volunteer Services such as transportation, friendly visits, help with simple home chores
- Access to our list of preferred providers in the community
- Technical support and the Health Connections Panel
- Health checks through our partnership with the University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth College of Nursing Training.
Membership Application Process
You may indicate your interest by filling out an Online Information Form. You can choose to become a Sustaining Member ($350/year), a Single Service Member ($660/year) or a Household Service Member ($900/year). Sustaining members are able to participate in all of our social activities. Single or Household Service members, in addition to our social activities, will be eligible to receive services from our volunteers such as those mentioned above.
We also offer a Short-Term Membership for 3 months for those interested in trying our services. A Reduced Fee Membership is available for anyone qualified. Please send us a message.
After submitting your application, our executive director will contact you to set up a time to meet to discuss your needs and our policies.
Payment will be made after the application is finalized.
Coastal Neighbors Network, P.O. Box 80073, Dartmouth, MA 02748
508.556.4004 - firstname.lastname@example.org